Dexter Story curates BP Hall for The Music Center’s Sleepless event on June 16, 2017. This Sleepless: The Music Center After Hours explores the living maze of Walt Disney Concert Hall with all its curious angles and hidden spaces. See the hall transformed by DJs, sonic experiences, projections, dance parties and interactive installations with rare access to the hall’s backstage areas and private rooms. Stay up, get lost and find yourself.
- A backstage exploration of The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall curated by the artist collective behind the Griffith Park Teahouse and Petal Drop LA and featuring a strange and surprising view of the city, enhanced by intriguing sights, smells and textures;
- Get moving in BP hall with beats curated by Dexter Story from Anthony Valadez and DJ Phatrick hosted by KG Superstar and including artist Jesse Gilbert’s real-time video capture of the crowd, distorted and projected in large scale;
- A birch tree maze designed by scenic artist Martin Vallejo accompanied by evocative music by Ed Barguiarena and ethereal lighting by Sohail Najafi;
- Encounter Sleepless census takers who will gather late night truths about you, curated by artist Ashley Sparks.
- Dance to goth, industrial and new beat sounds as DUBLAB turns the Founders room into a dark psychedelic house of mirrors. DJ sets by Remy Marc, Sarah Toones, and Jamal Sharaf El Deen, and installation work by Suzy Poling;
- Choose Lost OR Found — a one-of-a-kind, intimate, up close and personal live performance in the intimacy of the Listening Rooms with performances by Fabiano Do Nascimento, Katisse Buckingham and Artyom Manukyan, curated by Ed Barguiarena;
- Nesting in signature Sleepless bean bags amid the other-worldly sounds of Grace Oh’s crystal singing bowls with artists Annik Mendez, Helane Anderson of Sacral Sounds, The Koshi Fairies, Plantwave, and the Sacred Toning Circle.
Cocktails and small bites available for purchase.
Information and artists subject to change.
SLEEPLESS: THE MUSIC CENTER AFTER HOURS
June 16, 2017
11:30 p.m. – 3:00 a.m.
Walt Disney Concert Hall
Parking is $5 after 8:00 p.m.